Top Reasons for Selecting Outsourcing Provider 1
PlanPILOT recommends a periodic review of your current approach by following a process that either will validate your current oversight approach, or lead you towards a change. We assist plan sponsors with addressing OCIO manager selection and oversight and our services include:
- Review current governance and investment structure and determine appropriateness
- Screen our database and create appropriate short list for firms to receive a Request for Proposal (“RFP”)
- Summarize RFP responses with written analyses of provider’s proposed services, expenses and business operations
- Conduct finalist presentations at your location
- Finalize negotiations with incumbent/new provider and provide transition planning as needed.
Significant areas of focus in our review includes items that are difficult to benchmark in a RFP. These include potential conflicts of interest or investment biases that may result from key relationships or affiliations. The capital structure and compensation practices for partners and other personnel are an important consideration as it will influence the evolution of the firm, and ultimately the resources that are deployed on your behalf.
1 Chief Investment Officer Magazine 2017 OCIO survey